Residential Limited Warranties
This program is limited to residential application only and does not apply to commercial or industrial use. This warranty is extended to the original purchaser ONLY and is not transferable. It is the responsibility of the installer and/or home owner to inspect planks prior to installations. Planks not visually or phisically acceptable should be put to one side and possibiy used in another location of the room. Eckowood accepts no responsibility for costs of product or labor when planks with visible defects have been installed.
Limited Lifetime Structure Warranty
Eckowood warrants that the residential flooring sold under this Warranty is, at the time of sale, free from defects in material and manufacture and that it conforms to Eckowood’s standard specifications for the product category. Eckowood further warrants that when installed and maintained according to Eckowood specifications and when used according to its intended purpose, the flooring will not delaminate, separate, buckle or cup as a result of a manufacturing defect. If your Eckowood product fails for any of the above reasons, Eckowood will replace or repair, at its option , a portion, or all of the flooring at no cost to the original purchaser as long as the original purchaser still owns the property where the floor was installed. Eckowood warranty is only extended to flooring maintained in Normal Environmental Conditions. Meaning that the heating and ventilating systems are working to maintain an interior humidity level between 30% to 50% and a room temperature between 60ºF to 80ºF year round. Color variations, mineral streaks, and small knots are considered part of the natural character and beauty of wood flooring and are not considered manufacturing defects.
Eckowood warrants that the factory-installed finish on the flooring is, at the time of sale, free from defects in material and manufacture and that it conforms to Eckowood’s standard specifications for the finish. Eckowood further warrants that when maintained according to Eckowood’s cleaning and maintenance instruction and used for its intended purpose, the finish will not wear through to bare wood for 25 (twenty-five) years from the date of purchase. Gloss reduction is not considered a manufacturing defect and is not included in this warranty. Finish warranty excludes any surface checks/splits caused by improper environmental conditions, scratches, indentations, color change from indoor UV light or sunlight.
• Failure to maintain the environment at a humidity range of 30% to 50% year round and a room temperature of 60º to 80ºF.
• Color variations in flooring are a natural occurrence due to species, age, character of flooring and exposure to UV light or sunlight. For these reasons, new and/or replacement flooring may not match display samples and/or existing flooring.
• Due to color variations of product and/or samples, Eckowood is not responsible for the consumer matching flooring to other wood products, such as cabinets, stair railings, trim and any existing moldings
• Normal exposure to sunlight will bring about changes in the shading of any hardwood floor as the floor ages. Area rugs should be moved occasionally as they block sunlight and may give the appearance of discoloring under the rug. This is not a product defect.
• Improper installation/maintenance and failure to adhere to Eckowood installation/maintenance instructions..
• It is the responsibility of the installer and/or the homeowner to inspect boards prior to installation. Eckowood accepts no responsibility for costs of product or labor when boards with visible defects have been installed.
• Abuse, lack of maintenance, neglect, abnormal use or misuse, negligence, application of solvents, corrosives or other chemicals to the flooring, color change, fading or damage due to exposure to the sun,excessive pivot and point-loads, spike-heeled shoes, unpadded furniture feet, water, damage from sand, pebbles or other abrasives or other unintended uses.
• Installation over radiant floor heating with a surface temperature in excess of 82° F.
• Damage due to water and/or moisture including but not limited to damage resulting from broken or leaking pipes, wet mopping, weather conditions or natural disasters is excluded from Eckowood warranties. Customer Service
Any claim under the Residential Limited Warranties shall be made by contacting your retailer within 30 days after it has been detected. Proof of purchase, including the date of purchase, must be presented to make a claim. If Eckowood accepts a claim under the Residential Limited Warranties, it will repair or replace, as its portion, the affected Eckowood flooring materials. If the design for which a claim is made is no longer available, Eckowood will replace the affected Eckowood flooring materials with another design of equal value. These warranties are not transferable. They extend only to the original end-consumer.
ECKOWOOD DISCLAIMS LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES FOR BREACH OF ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY AND DISCLAIMS ALL OTHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, OR WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, WITH RESPECT TO THIS PRODUCT. THE ABOVE REMEDIES ARE THE CUSTOMER’S SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDIES FOR CLAIMS ON THIS PRODUCT.